Sigil is a multi-platform WYSIWYG ebook editor. It is designed to edit books in ePub format.
- Free and open source software under GPLv3
- Multi-platform: runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Full Unicode support: everything you see in Sigil is in UTF-16
- Full EPUB spec support
- WYSIWYG editing
- Multiple Views: Book View, Code View and Split View
- Metadata editor with full support for all possible metadata entries (more than 200) with full descriptions for each
- Table Of Contents editor
- Multi-level TOC support
- Book View fully supports the display of any XHTML document possible under the OPS spec
- SVG support
- Basic XPGT support
- Advanced automatic conversion of all imported documents to Unicode
- Currently imports TXT, HTML and EPUB files; more will be added with time
- Currently exports EPUB and SGF (Sigil native format); more will be added with time
- Embedded HTML Tidy; all imported documents are thoroughly cleaned; changing views cleans the document so no matter how much you screw up your code, it will fix it (usually)
- An actually usable user interface
- Native C++ application
10.9.5 is now the minimum OS X version required. Only 10.10.1 has been tested.
DCODE_SIGN_ID=XYZ option has been added to auto sign the app bundle on OS X.
Validation result plugins will auto close the Plugin Runner Dialog since the dialog has no real info and openes the validation pane with the results anyway.
New Plugin Preferences Support added
Plugins Manager will now remember last folder used